Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Letter to the Editor
Sep 28, 2010 | 947 views | 0 0 comments | 7 7 recommendations | email to a friend | print
What’s to eating a bag of pretzels, Hot Cheetos or potato chips? You eat a few and throw the bag on the kitchen table for later. No big deal, right?

Camilla was a pit bull mix, small to medium sized in height and weight. She was a feisty little dog and loved to run around, bark at passers by and be a loving pet to the family she had been with for the past three years. She was also a bit mischievous!

So, the children go off to school and Camilla sees and smells an open bag of Hot Cheetos on the kitchen table. No one is around, so she jumps up on the table and proceeds to lick the salt and nibble at the remaining chips in the bottom of the bag. She licked and enjoyed every little morsel she could get to and she got to them all. The bag was a medium sized chip bag.

The problem: The bag fit so securely over her head, she couldn’t get it off. She scurried all over the house and finally succumbed on the master bed, where she wasn’t supposed to be. The bag smothered the poor animal and took away every bit of air she could muster.

This is a warning that you have heard for many years. Little animals and children do not match up with plastic bags, cellophane bags and all types of these bags. When death comes to a loving pet, the effects to the family members and friends can be devastating.

Edward S. Feinhandler

Reno
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses