John Ascuaga’s Nugget and the Reno Rodeo plan to continue to grow the event in the coming years.
“It would be great to bring in people from the surrounding regions, and eventually be able to line Victorian Avenue with redneck trucks,” said Lauren Garber, Public Relations Manager at John Ascuaga’s Nugget. “It’s a fun event that received a lot of buzz here in our community.”
Proud redneck truck owners came from all over the Northern Nevada area to show off their incredible vehicles, and attendees got to eat BBQ, drink beer, and vote on the best trucks in attendance.
Thanks to sponsors Reno Dodge, Coors and Dynagraphics Printing, registration and attendance were both free.
Prizes were awarded for the following categories to the following recipients:
- People's Choice, Best Redneck Truck – Truck #18, John Rabe
- Most Truckable – Truck #27, Dan McCassie
- Dirtiest Truck – Truck #24, Keith Coleman
- Best Dodge, Sponsored by Reno Dodge – Truck #12, Art Coleman
- Best Granddaddy Rig, Classic Truck – Truck #3, James Meadows
- Best Nevadatude – Truck #1, John & Lisa Hickman
- Most Patriotic – Truck #9, Andrew Spadino
- Best Hick Chick Truck – Truck #11, Trista Bailey
Winners took home various prizes, including a $250 Gift Certificate to Summit Racing, Rodeo Tickets, and Dinner for two at The Rotisserie Buffet at John Ascuaga’s Nugget.