Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Benghazi fires still burning
by Harry Spencer
Mar 25, 2013 | 3305 views | 2 2 comments | 7 7 recommendations | email to a friend | print
What was almost a dead issue – the Benghazi affair – has suddenly burst into flame again due to new revelations. The more than six-month old incident, which the Obama administration has consistently tried to cover up, was brought to the forefront when it was learned that there were 30 plus survivors of the infamous attack. The survivors have been kept under wraps in this country and have not been available to questions from lawmakers or the press. The new Secretary of State, John Kerry, let the cat out of the bag when he mentioned in an interview that he personally had talked to one of them. Other than admitting there were such people he gave no pertinent information about the incident.

At one point during the initial coverage of the attack back in September of last year, President Obama referred to it as “a bump in the road”. The President, Hillary Clinton and spokesman Jay Carney continued the fabricated story about an anti-Muslim video as the cause for the debacle. One of Clinton’s underlings, Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, was tossed under the bus when she was put out to embellish the “video cover story” on the Sunday network news programs. As it turned out this event proved to be her undoing as she was slated to replace Hillary when she gave up the top job at State.

Last week Speaker of the House John Boehner said there were so many unanswered questions still remaining about the lead-up and the actual event of Benghazi that he was joining with Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham to pursue a full-fledged investigation.

The administration has inferred that since the majority of the survivors were CIA agents their identities would be compromised if their names were revealed to the public. This would not be an effective excuse if the survivors were interrogated in private by a select committee comprised of the House and Senate.

One of the main questions that has arisen because of this new information is why were some 30 CIA operatives at the tiny Benghazi location? Whatever their mission was it smacks of a covert-type endeavor.

Secretary Clinton stated when she was in office that no information prior to the attack or during the attack ever reached her desk including pleas for more security. This goes in line with Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano saying that she knew nothing of the “fast and furious” gun scandal or the recent wholesale release of a number of illegal immigrants. Even the head man at ICE said he was unaware of his department’s involvement in “fast and furious”. All of these statements from the heads of extremely important departments of our current administration beg the question of who is in charge? Even the Intelligence community and the Department of Defense seemed befuddled when interrogated under oath about the Benghazi affair.

Remember – nobody died at Watergate.

Harry Spencer is a long-time northern Nevada resident.
Comments
(2)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
NVCondor
|
March 26, 2013
This just in from Fox News: Terrorist attack US consulate and there were survivors.

And because the survivors are CIA and are not available to be interviewed by Fox News, there must be a cover-up?

A cover up of what? Human error? Miscalculation or miscommunication? Do CIA operatives normally discuss in open hearings what they do? Maybe if the noted republicans attended the actual briefings that were provided to congress they wouldn't have so many unanswered questions.

All this is just a lame diversion from addressing the real issues our country faces.

Yes, it's tragic that four Americans died in Benghazi. And you are right, no one died when the leader of the free world ordered minions to commit burglary, make pay offs, and sack two US special prosecutors. Yes, no one died while Nixon behaved like a common criminal and put our country through hell.

How many died in Bush and Cheney's vain attempt to look for non-existent WMD's in Iraq?
Harry Spencer
|
March 28, 2013
Dear Condor: The sad thing about the Benghazi affair is that nobody in charge did anything to prevent it.
Featured Businesses