Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Fire destroys 2 Reno apartments; sends 2 to hospital
by Associated Press
Sep 28, 2011 | 875 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
RENO (AP) — A propane leak is suspected to have sparked a fire that destroyed two apartments in Reno.

Fire Battalion Chief Bob Knoll says the fire that broke out about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday sent a mother and son to the hospital.

Knoll says seven people in a second-story apartment near Idlewild Park escaped unhurt. He says a dog also escaped but two kittens died. A third cat is missing.

Knoll says the son suffered a cut and the mother had cardiac symptoms so they were taken to Renown Medical Center.

An investigation is under way but Knoll suspects a propane leak when the son was cooking on a gas grill.

A total of more than a dozen people were evacuated from the building but most hoped to be back home Wednesday night.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses