Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
House fire on Moran Street accidental
by Tribune Staff
Jun 02, 2011 | 490 views | 0 0 comments | 5 5 recommendations | email to a friend | print
RENO — Authorities have determined that Monday’s fire at 424 Moran Street was started by accident.

Reno firefighters responded to the blaze a little before 9 p.m. The first engine to arrive found smoke and fire coming from the front door of the residence. Crews immediately began attacking the fire, ventilating the structure and searching the residence. The fire was quickly knocked down.

“The 63-year-old occupant of the home advised he had the fireplace going when embers came out and started contents in the room on fire,” Battalion Chief Bob Knoll said in a press release. “The man safely evacuated and nobody else was in the residence at the time of the fire.”
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses