Several city of Reno Neighborhood Advisory Boards (NAB) are partnering with Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance and conducting confident city cycling clinics. The clinics are scheduled during the months of April and May and the groups hope to encourage residents to drive cars a little less and ride bikes a little more.
These bicycle clinics will provide information on what it takes to be a prepared pedaler, how to safely share the roads with non-pedaling friends and some important repair skills needed in the event of a pedaling emergency.
The clinics will be held on the following dates:
• 11 a.m. April 5 at the Joe Crowley Student Union on the University of Nevada, Reno campus located at 1664 N. Virginia St. (UNR Health Day)
• 6 p.m. April 21 at the Mae Anne Fire Station located at 7105 Mae Anne Ave. in Reno (city of Reno Ward 5 Northwest NAB)
• 6 p.m. April 28 at Studio on 4th located at 432 E. Fourth St. in Reno (city of Reno Ward 4 Northeast NAB)
• 6:30 p.m. May 4 at the REI store in Reno located at 2225 Harvard Way
• 6 p.m. May 12 at Rancho San Rafael Ranch House located at 1595 N. Sierra St. in Reno (city of Reno Ward 5 Old Northwest NAB)
To make a reservation for the NAB clinics, contact Reno DIRECT at 334-INFO (4636). For space at the UNR or REI clinics, contact Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance at 287-7142.
The clinics are free to the public and last approximately one hour. Space is limited so call to reserve your spot early.