Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Structure fire on Duggan Ave.
by Tribune Staff
Mar 25, 2011 | 859 views | 0 0 comments | 7 7 recommendations | email to a friend | print
SPARKS — On Thursday at 6:54 p.m., Sparks Firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire at 408 Duggan Ave.

The first arriving fire company found a single story residential structure, with a fully engulfed garage fire and possible attic fire. It was unknown whether anyone was inside the residence.

Crews conducted an initial attack on the garage from the exterior, and then conducted horizontal ventilation and an internal search when sufficient personnel were on scene.

The internal search found an unoccupied residence, except for two dogs. The two dogs were safely removed and given oxygen with animal oxygen masks. The dogs were turned over to animal control and taken to safety.

The garage fire was quickly extinguished and did not extend into the residence. The inside of the residence received very little smoke damage. The garage fire extended to a fence and a vehicle parked in the driveway.

Because of extensive damage to the garage, the residence was not able to be re-occupied that evening. The electricity and gas were turned off. The resident arrived after the fire was extinguished. Firefighters locked up the house and turned the key over to the resident. The resident is staying with relatives in the area.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses