The Enforcing the Underage Drinking Laws (EUDL) Program supports and enhances efforts by states and local jurisdictions to prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages to minors, people younger than 21 years old, and the purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors.
The latest Washoe County Sheriff’s Office EUDL event was conducted from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 12. The operation was completed with two deputies, one sergeant and one underage buyer.
Eighteen businesses were visited:
• Tony’s Liquor located at 5005 Sun Valley Blvd.
• Chuck’s Circle C located at 20255 White lake Pkwy.
• Spring Mart located at 3390 White lake Pkwy.
• City Liquor located at 5020 Las Brisas Pkwy.
• Royal Liquor Store located at 6380 Mae Anne Ave. suite 1
• Econo Mart located at 5480 Sun Valley Blvd.
• PJ’s Discount Liquor located at 13200 Stead Blvd.
• Zippy Mart located at 1690 Evans Ave.
• Valley Market located at 505 Denslowe Drive
• The General Store located at 9245 Lemmon Drive
• La Gloria Market located at 5520 Sun Valley Blvd.
• Carniceria Tejaro located at 4753 North Virginia St.
• Texaco located at 3900 Stead Blvd.
• Maverik located at 10495 Stead Blvd.
Four businesses were cited:
• Sunny Discount Liquor located at 2900 Clear Acre Lane, suite L
• Ben’s Liquor located at 4794 N. Virginia St.
• Shamrock Market located at 4410 N. Virginia St.
• Go-Fer market located 4600 N. Virginia St.
Three businesses had clerks who will be issued a civil infraction for failure to comply with Alcohol Awareness Training:
• Go-Fer Market
• Valley Market
• Zippy Mart
The Sheriff’s Office encourages the public to report any type of underage drinking activities by calling 832-9276 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.