Cabela’s Spring Great Outdoor Days will feature free vessel checks both days by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary. National prostaffer and expert fly fisherman Brian O’Keefe will lead a seminar on fly fishing tropical destinations as well as fly fishing opportunities in Oregon. Noted area guide and fisherman Rick Kennedy will talk about Kokanee and Trout in the Sierra as well as Eagle Lake tips and teach outdoor enthusiasts how to enjoy a “cast and blast” outing, which is a waterfowl hunting and fishing at the same time.
Noted Dutch oven cooking enthusiasts Bob and Peggy Longacre will do their magic using cast iron cookware all weekend. Saturday’s menu will include a hungry hunter breakfast while Sunday’s meal will feature onion sauté salmon.
Located conveniently at I-80 Exit 4 (Boomtown Exit), highlights of this year’s Spring Great Outdoor Days include:
• Free vessel checks by the USCG Auxiliary, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in parking lot
• Kokanee and Trout Fishing at 11 a.m. and Eagle Lake fishing plus “cast and blast” at 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday with Rick Kennedy, Tightlines Guide Service
• Child ID photos free by Washoe County Sheriff’s Office auxiliary and the Masons, noon-4 pm Saturday
• Tropical Fly Fishing 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, and Oregon Fly Fishing Saturday and Sunday at 3:30 p.m. with Brian O’Keefe, Cabela’s prostaff
• Dutch Oven Cooking demos by Bob and Peggy Longacre, 10 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday
• The Importance of Life Vests by Fred Messman of the National Safe Boating Council, noon and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
• Off-season Dog Training by SportDog’s Gregg Tanner, 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Cabela’s also has a full lineup of seminars throughout the weekend including:
• What’s New With Mossy Oak
• Getting Geared Up for Hiking Clothing
• Gore-Tex Challenge
• Boater Safety Overview
• Learn How to Tie Flies
• All About Sage Grouse
For more information about Cabela’s Spring Great Outdoor Days, visit www.cabelas.com/reno or call Cabela’s in Reno 829-4128.