Check Out Our Sports Photo Galleries Contact Us
Fire at duplex knocked down
by Tribune Staff
Dec 17, 2010 | 493 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
SPARKS — On Thursday at 6:31 a.m., Sparks firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire on the 1500 block of Gault Way.

Firefighters found a single-story residential duplex structure with fire and smoke coming from the garage area of one side of the duplex.

All occupants of the duplex were out of the building.

The engine company attacked the fire from the inside and had it knocked down within 11 minutes of arrival. Damage was contained to the garage and exterior around the garage door although there was smoke and heat damage to the interior of the home. The other side of the duplex was not damaged.

The side of the duplex involved in the fire was not able to be reoccupied, and the Red Cross was called to assist the occupants. The other side of the duplex was able to be reoccupied.

There were no injuries reported to either occupants or to responding public safety crews.

The cause of the fire appears to be an electrical failure, but no official cause has yet been released. No damage cost estimates have been calculated.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Featured Businesses