Customers and the community were invited to support the Northern Nevada Diaper Bank, a source of free diapers and incontinence supplies for people living in poverty in our community, by dropping off a box of diapers.
Heritage Bank of Nevada hosted its first Diaper Trees in each of its five branches as a way of helping out the neediest members of our community. Anyone wishing to help was asked to bring their donation of an unopened bag or box of diapers to any Heritage Bank location between Dec. 1, 2008 and Jan. 1, 2009.
Here are a few facts to be aware of:
• No government programs pay for diapers.
• Childcare facilities will not take babies without adequate diapers, meaning that mothers who cannot afford diapers cannot work.
• Babies can get sores and even serious disease from inadequate changes of diapers.
• Many disabled children never outgrow their need for diapers.
• Fifteen to 20 percent of adults over age 65 suffer some level of incontinence.
• Even healthy elders can become housebound if they suffer incontinence and cannot afford supplies.
• Medicare does not provide incontinence supplies.
Diaper drop-off locations (all Heritage Bank of Nevada branches):
• 1401 S. Virginia St., Reno
• 47 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Reno
• 1007 W. Seventh St., Reno
• 330 Los Altos Parkway, Sparks
• 4222 S. Carson St., Carson City
For more information, call the Women and Children’s Center at 348-9565.
Heritage Bank is proud to be the premier community bank in Northern Nevada, with local ownership and local decision-making. Heritage Bank of Nevada continues its commitment to supporting the customers and communities it serves in Northern Nevada.