NV Energy retained Applied Analysis, a Las Vegas research firm, to analyze its economic, fiscal, environmental and social impacts. The result is a 48-page report about NV Energy’s role in Nevada beyond keeping the lights on.
Highlights from the Community Impact Assessment include:
• NV Energy operations directly and indirectly triggered $943.9 million in economic impact for 2010 and supported 5,355 jobs in Nevada.
• Nearly 1 in 16 construction workers in Nevada is working on an NV Energy project.
• NV Energy’s 2011 capital budget supported $861 million in direct, indirect and induced economic output.
• NV Energy is one of a very few companies in Nevada that has an economic development team charged with bringing new businesses to the state.
• NV Energy’s charitable giving exceeded $5 million in 2010 and company employees volunteered 30,000 hours in 2011.
The full NV Energy Community Impact Assessment can be found at nvenergy.com/community impact.